Welcome Current LW Students and Families!
True to our mission, LW is committed to offering you the best programming possible during your middle school years to help set you on the path to college.
Our Commitment to You:
- Two years of tuition-free academic enrichment, equal to 500 hours of support.
- Free student transportation to and from LW during both the summer and school year program; free breakfast and lunch during the summer, and free snacks during the school year.
- The “students-teaching-students" model, meaning all of your LW teachers will be high school or college students who are also on the path to college, just like you.
- Small class sizes (9-12 students).
- Fun, student-centered learning.
- Respect for individual talents and learning styles.
- Classes in math, science, English, social studies, arts and communications.
- Activities that include theater, music, art, computer science, and athletics.
- The best support we can offer to help keep you on the path to college, even after you graduate from LW – we won't consider our job done until you earn a college degree.
Your Commitment to Us
- Being a part of LW for two years – six weeks during the summer, and 12 Saturdays during the school year program.
- Perfect attendance, except in cases of illness or emergency.
- Completing up to an hour-and-a-half of homework each weeknight during the summer (there is no homework during the school year).
- Helping us create an intentional community where its "it's cool to be you, it's cool to be smart, and it's cool to care."