2018-19 Mid-Year Admission
Thank you for your interest in mid-year admission to Blake. We accept applications for mid-year enrollment as space allows. Please contact the Admissions Office at 952-988-3420 to inquire about space, admission timelines and enrollment dates. We look forward to speaking with you!
2019-20 School Year Admission
Applications are now available for the 2019-20 school year! We welcome your interest in all grade levels, and look forward to meeting you soon. The application deadline for the 2019-20 school year is January 31, 2019. You can access our online application 24/7 here. We look forward to hearing from you!
The application process to Blake is as follows:
1. Attend a Discover Blake event or come for a tour (or both!). Neither of these fun and informative activities is required, but you are welcome and encouraged to sign up. Seeing the school up close while on tour or at an event offers a terrific vantage to better understand the Blake experience. Register for Discover Blake. Request a Tour.
2. Apply online and request teacher recommendations. If you think Blake is a good fit for your child and family, your next step is to complete the online application. Once your application is submitted, you will be able to email links of our online recommendation forms to your child’s teacher/s. If your child’s teacher prefers to complete a paper form, you can download the recommendation forms.
3. Set your child’s visit date. Spending a day (or part of a day for our youngest applicants) at Blake is a terrific way for applicants to experience classroom and social life here. Setting up visits vary depending on the age of the child, and details are provided below. Please note that parents must submit the online application for admission before scheduling a visit for their child.
4. Choose a date for testing/screening. The process to select a date for testing/screening varies depending on the age of the child, and details are provided below.
3. Follow the application checklist. Did your child’s teacher submit a recommendation form? Did your child’s school records arrive at Blake? These questions and more can be answered by checking the online application checklist, which is available after you apply.
5. Ask questions. Feel free to call us at 952-988-3420 if you have any questions! We'd be happy to help.
Admissions Process Checklist
PREKINDERGARTEN AND KINDERGARTEN
- Schedule a tour, parent interview, student testing and playgroup visit using through Blake’s inquiry form and admission calendar.
- Once your application is submitted, you will be able to email links of our online recommendation forms to your child’s teacher/s. If the teacher prefers a paper recommendation form, you can download the recommendation forms from the application checklist.
- We will call you to schedule a tour, parent meeting, student screening and student visit.
- 1st grade applicants visit for half-day; 2nd-5th grade applicants visit for full-day
- Once your application is submitted, you will be able to email links of our online recommendation forms to your child's teacher(s).
- Download a School Records Release form and submit to your child’s current school.
- Schedule a tour, parent meeting and student visit through Blake's inquiry form and admission calendar.
- Once your application is submitted, you will be able to send links to online recommendation forms to your child's teachers.
- Register for admission testing through the SSAT and note your testing date on the application checklist. Your checklist is available after you apply.
Admission Testing for Grades 6-12
Blake applicants for grades 6-12 take the Secondary School Admissions Test, which is the admission exam required by many of the finest independent schools in the world. The SSAT is a timed, multiple choice test which includes a brief writing section. The Middle Level is for students currently in grades 5-7. The Upper Level is for students currently in grades 8-11.
Students register for the SSAT here. Testing dates and locations are posted on the SSAT website, along with information about practice tests and testing accommodations. Blake is a testing site for the SSAT on eight dates during the year. We recommend that applicants register for a testing date at Blake in December, January or February so that parents can participate in a Blake information session while students are testing.
For students unable to take the SSAT, the admission committee also accepts the following tests as substitutes: ISEE, ERB, PSAT, SAT and ACT.
If you have questions, feel free to call us at 952-988-3420.