Transportation to and from Breakthrough Minneapolis at Blake is provided free of charge to all students who are actively enrolled in Minneapolis Public School (MPS). Our ability to maintain free transportation to students if they move out of the district is dependent on available resources. For more information on transportation guidelines, families can refer to the family handbook, but we would like to highlight a few key points:
- During our Summer Program, transportation is provided by Minneapolis Public Schools Transportation Office. For that reason, we have no control over the bus schedules, stop assignments, stop times, etc.
- Blake provides transportation during the School Year Program. All communication about transportation requests/changes should be directed to the Breakthrough Minneapolis Student Services Director.
- Any requested changes to a student's pick-up/drop-off location must be provided at least two weeks prior to the requested change. Though we will work with families, last-minute change requests may not be possible.
- It is important that students are ready prior to your scheduled pick up time. If the bus has not shown up for 15 minutes after your designated pick-up time, please contact the Breakthrough Minneapolis Student Services Director right away.
- In order to minimize delays, it is important that parents/guardians contact the Breakthrough Minneapolis Student Services Director with changes. This includes your written permission for your child to take another mode of transportation home (i.e. riding a bike, getting picked up)