Approximately 23 percent of Blake students receive need-based financial assistance. The school strives to increase accessibility and affordability for families from a wide range of economic backgrounds. All financial assistance at Blake is based on need; the school does not provide scholarships for academic, athletic or artistic merit.
- Q: What is Blake's philosophy regarding financial assistance?
- Q: What is “demonstrated need?”
- Q: Does Blake offer merit scholarships?
- Q: What does financial assistance cover?
- Q: What effect does a financial assistance application have on a student's admission application?
- Q: When will I receive a decision regarding financial assistance?
- Q: Do I have to re-apply for financial assistance each year?
- Q: What if I am separated or divorced?
- Q: Who has access to my financial information?
TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AT THE BLAKE SCHOOL:
- Apply for Admission. Applying for admission to Blake is a separate process from applying for financial assistance. Your application for admission must be submitted by February 15, 2021.
- Apply for Financial Assistance. To do this, complete the Parents' Financial Statement on the School & Student Services (SSS) website. Blake's SSS code is 1726. Your application for financial assistance must be submitted by February 15, 2021.
- Upload your Tax Documents. Upload your 2019 and 2020 Federal Income Tax Form 1040 with all schedules and W2s by February 28 here.
- Review your Family Report. Once you have submitted your application via SSS, please review your Family Report accessible in your SSS Parent Portal. Reviewing the Family Report can help you understand the information that will be sent and reviewed by our financial assistance office. If you have any questions about your Family Report please call our office at 952-988-3422.
Are you a currently enrolled Blake family applying for financial assistance for the first time? Please contact Lynn Loew, assistant director of financial assistance, to notify the school of your intent to apply.
Important note: Families seeking financial assistance after the February 15, 2021 application deadline are placed on a financial assistance waiting list.