Approximately 23 percent of Blake students receive need-based financial assistance. The school strives to increase accessibility and affordability for families from a wide range of economic backgrounds. All financial assistance at Blake is based on need; the school does not provide scholarships for academic, athletic or artistic merit.
TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AT THE BLAKE SCHOOL:
1. Apply for Admission. (For currently enrolled families, applying for financial assistance for the first time, please send an email to Adriana Matzke, Associate Director of Financial Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify our office of your intent to apply.)
2. Complete the Parents' Financial Statement provided by NAIS on its School & Student Services (SSS) page. Blake's SSS code is 1726.
3. Upload your 2018 and 2019 Federal Income Tax Form 1040 with all schedules and W2s by February 29 here.
4. Once you have submitted your application via SSS, please review your Family Report accessible in your SSS Parent Portal. Reviewing the Family Report can help you understand the information that will be sent and reviewed by our financial assistance office. If you have any questions about your Family Report please call our office at 952-988-3422.
OPTIONAL: Consider attending a Blake Financial Assistance Workshop. These sessions offer more information about the financial assistance program at Blake and step-by-step guidance on how to apply. Workshops will be held on Saturday, January 4 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Thursday, January 23 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The deadline for applying for financial assistance for the 2020-21 school year is January 31, 2020.
- Q: What is Blake's philosophy regarding financial assistance?
- Q: What is “demonstrated need?”
- Q: Does Blake offer merit scholarships?
- Q: What does financial assistance cover?
- Q: What effect does a financial assistance application have on a student's admission application?
- Q: When will I receive a decision regarding financial assistance?
- Q: Do I have to re-apply for financial assistance each year?
- Q: What if I am separated or divorced?
- Q: Who has access to my financial information?
A: Financial assistance at Blake consists of tuition grants. All financial assistance awards are based solely on a family's demonstrated need, as determined by Blake's financial assistance committee and the National Association of Independent Schools.
A: Yes. Because a family's financial circumstances are subject to change, we require reapplication for financial assistance every year. However, if your family situation remains relatively the same you can expect relatively the same percentage of financial assistance, understanding that tuition and fees are likely to increase each year.