Approximately 26 percent of Blake students receive need-based financial assistance. The school strives to increase accessibility and affordability for families from a wide range of economic backgrounds and income levels. All financial assistance at Blake is based on need; the school does not provide scholarships for academic, athletic or artistic merit.
- Q: What is Blake's philosophy regarding financial assistance?
- Q: What is “demonstrated need?”
- Q: Does Blake offer merit scholarships?
- Q: What does financial assistance cover?
- Q: What effect does a financial assistance application have on a student's admission application?
- Q: When will I receive a decision regarding financial assistance?
- Q: Do I have to re-apply for financial assistance each year?
- Q: What if I am separated or divorced?
- Q: Who has access to my financial information?
- Q. What is the deadline for applying for financial assistance?
TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AT THE BLAKE SCHOOL:
- Apply for Admission. Applying for admission to Blake is a separate process from applying for financial assistance. The deadline for submitting financial assistance applications was is Jan. 31, 2022.
- Apply for Financial Assistance. To do this, complete the Parents' Financial Statement on the School & Student Services (SSS) website. Blake's SSS code is 1726. The deadline for submitting financial assistance applications is Jan. 31, 2022.
- Upload your Tax Documents. Upload your 2020 and 2021 Federal Income Tax Form 1040 with all schedules and W2s by Feb. 28 here.
- Review your Family Report. Once you have submitted your application via SSS, please review your Family Report accessible in your SSS Parent Portal. Reviewing the Family Report can help you understand the information that will be sent and reviewed by our financial assistance office. If you have any questions about your Family Report please call our office at 952-988-3422.
Important note: Families seeking financial assistance after the Jan. 31, 2022 application deadline will likely be placed in a financial assistance waiting pool.