How to Apply
2021-22 School Year Admission
Blake seeks to enroll bright, curious and kind students at all grade levels and strongly encourages interest from families who see Blake as a good fit for their child. We offer many ways for families to learn about Blake, our community and welcome the opportunity to get to know your family. Blake enrolls about 175 new students each year. Most enroll at our entry points (pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, grade six and grade nine), while a smaller set enroll in other grades. About a quarter of new students receive need-based financial assistance.
Our first-round deadline for admission applications was February 15, 2021. We will notify families of admission decisions on April 1, 2021. We welcome second round applications throughout the late winter and spring. Please contact the Admissions Office for information about space availability in specific grades.
Personal campus tours, virtual admission events and conversations with admission staff are great ways to learn more about Blake. We invite you to sign up for any or all of these opportunities. To begin the admissions inquiry process, click here to share some basic information about you and your child. If you have previously submitted an inquiry, click here to access the Blake Admissions portal, where you can begin working on your child's application.
If you have any questions, please let us know. We'd love to hear from you.
The application process to Blake is as follows:
- Attend one or several of our virtual events or come for a tour (or both!). Neither of these fun and informative activities is required, but you are welcome and encouraged to sign up. Seeing the school up close while on tour or by attending an event offers a terrific vantage to better understand the Blake experience. Register for Discover Blake. Request a Tour.
- Apply online and request teacher recommendations. If you think Blake is a good fit for your child and family, your next step is to complete the online application. Once your application is submitted, you will be able to email links of our online recommendation forms to your child’s teacher/s. If your child’s teacher prefers to complete a paper form, you can download the recommendation forms.
- Choose a date for testing/screening. The process to select a date for testing/screening varies depending on the age of the child, and details are provided below.
- Follow the application checklist. Did your child’s teacher submit a recommendation form? Did your child’s school records arrive at Blake? These questions and more can be answered by checking the online application checklist, which is available after you apply.
- Ask questions. Feel free to call us at 952-988-3420 if you have any questions! We'd be happy to help.
Admissions Process Checklist
PREKINDERGARTEN AND KINDERGARTEN
- Schedule a tour, parent interview, and student testing using Blake's inquiry form and admission portal.
- Once your application is submitted, you will be able to email links of our online recommendation forms to your child’s teacher/s. If the teacher prefers a paper recommendation form, you can download the recommendation forms from the application checklist.
- We will call you to schedule a tour, parent meeting, and student screening.
- Once your application is submitted, you will be able to email links of our online recommendation forms to your child's teacher(s).
- Download a School Records Release form and submit to your child’s current school.
- Once your application is submitted, you will be able to send links to online recommendation forms to your child's teachers.
- UPDATE: Due to persistent technical issues with SSAT’s remote testing option, we have decided to waive any additional admission testing for all Middle and Upper School applicants.
- A Zoom meeting with the applicant, at least one parent/guardian and an Admissions coordinator will be scheduled through the Admissions Portal.