Every year, Blake recognizes a faculty member who has taken the time to give of themself to students in a special way—as mentor, confidant, tutor, or friend—and a staff member who has gone above and beyond in their role at Blake.
The 2021 Juliet Nelson Award goes to Middle School math teacher Heather Cracraft. Here are a few of the sentiments expressed in nominations for Heather:
- She creates such a nice space for us to learn in and is a really nice teacher.
- I feel like I can always talk to her even if it is not about school. I can tell she cares about all of us.
- One time I walked into her class half asleep not feeling great and she instantly knew it and checked in on me...she just "gets" us.
The 2021 Staff Recognition Award goes to Lower School counselor Jon Halpern. Here are some comments from the nominations for Jon:
- Jon's knowledge and experience shines through as bright as his true compassion and desire to fully support students and families.
- Our son has spent much time with Jon during school days. We all always feel heard, understood, supported and relieved after any communication with him.
- [His] genuine care, involvement and commitment to not only my son but also myself and my husband got us through a very tough year. He is always available.