Blake Athletic Training Room
The Blake School Athletic Department in conjunction with TRIA Orthopedic Center delivers athletic training and sports medicine services to the student athletes of Blake. The purpose of the athletic training room is to provide prevention, treatment, management, rehabilitation, and education of athletic injuries to the Blake community.
Purpose of the Athletic Training Room/Athletic Trainers:
The Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) is an allied health professional who under a physician’s direction, carry out the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries. This includes assisting in developing injury prevention programs, providing care for acute and chronic athletic injuries, appropriate referral to other healthcare professionals, and providing rehabilitation to student athletes. The athletic training room is a health care facility and should be used as such. All are expected to comply with the rules for use of the facility.
Training Room Hours and Coverage:
Hours may vary depending on school and sport schedules, but generally as follows:
- Monday-Friday: 1:00pm through last event/practice finishes
- Weekend and Holidays: Event and practice coverage as needed
The ATC will be at all home events and will travel to all away varsity football games. If multiple home events are scheduled at the same time priority will go to the sport with the highest injury potential. The athletic trainer will be available by phone for all events.
Athletic Training Room Rules:
- Athletic training room is a medical facility, treat it as such
- Proper behavior, attire, and language is required at all times
- Do not touch or remove any items or materials without permission
- No food in the athletic training room
- No bags, cleats, spikes, or equipment that may take up space is allowed
- Please report as soon as possible for treatments
- Injury evaluations will be done after all athletes have been taped for practice or games
- Treatments are first come first serve, with the following priorities:
- Acute emergencies
- Athletes preparing for away events
- Athletes preparing for home events
- Athletes preparing for practice
- Out of season sports
All emergency equipment will be located in the athletic training room or with the ATC.
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Cold Treatment:
- Warm Treatment:
- Therapeutic Modalities:
- Electrical Stimulation
- Special Protective equipment:
- Padding (felt, foam, and gel available for added protection)
- Braces (ankle, knee, wrist, elbow, and shoulder)