Daring to dream, we applied for financial aid not thinking we had any significant chance of everything working out as it has. We honestly consider this the chance of a lifetime. Thank you for this opportunity for our child, and our whole family.Parent
Welcome to Blake's financial aid home page. Preeminence in academic excellence is fostered by having the most talented student body. Financial assistance to families ensures that family finances do not prohibit a student from attending Blake. For 2013-2014, the School has awarded $ 4.3 million dollars in need-based aid to students in grades pre-kindergarten through 12.
Financial aid at Blake is not accidental or an afterthought. Quite the contrary, it is central to our mission to "provide students with an excellent, academically challenging education in a diverse and supportive community committed to a common set of values." Financial aid is a vehicle designed to help us realize our mission of a "diverse and supportive community" and is used to bring economic diversity to Blake. Without it the discussions in classrooms, interactions with students and teachers and the ability of our students to become responsible world citizens would not evolve. Financial support for students is also available so that all students are able to participate in our "integrated program of academic, artistic and athletic activities," ensuring a complete and stimulating co-curricular experience at Blake.
Families new to Blake or new to financial aid should complete the following steps:
1. Complete the 2014-2015 Blake Financial Assistance Form by January 31.
2. Complete the Parents Financial Statement on SSS by NAIS by January 31.
3. Upload your 2012 and 2013 Federal Income Tax Form 1040 with all schedules and W2's by February 28 here.
4. IF and Only IF you have a business or a farm, complete the Business/Farm Statement by February 28.
Only the Business/Farm Statement is mailed to Blake. All other forms will be reviewed electronically.
- The Blake School Financial Aid Policy
- Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions
- Principles of Good Practice for Financial Aid
- Financial Resources for Parents
- Business/Farm Statement
If you have any questions or would like to begin a conversation regarding the possibility of receiving financial aid at Blake please call Director of Financial Aid Cheryl Cooper Boyd at (952) 988-3420.