Blake is a place driven to lay a foundation of life-long learning. Blake sees each child and recognizes that development and learning reaches far beyond academics. Blake develops leaders; citizens who recognize the potential of all, the importance of the collective voice and the individual voice. Blake is special because it takes every opportunity to engage the minds and hearts of children in the classroom, in the community, in relationships. Blake promotes a passion for passion.Parent
Welcome to Blake's financial aid home page. We invite you to investigate the resources available to support your interest in a Blake education. In 2012-2013, the School will award $3.9 million dollars in need-based aid to students in grades pre-kindergarten through 12. Blake meets 100 percent of demonstrated need — the calculated difference between the amount a family can be expected to contribute to the cost of the student's education and the cost of annual tuition, books and fees.
Financial aid at Blake is not accidental or an afterthought. Quite the contrary, it is central to our mission to "provide students with an excellent, academically challenging education in a diverse and supportive community committed to a common set of values." Financial aid is a vehicle designed to help us realize our mission of a "diverse and supportive community" and is used to bring economic diversity to Blake. Without it the discussions in classrooms, interactions with students and teachers and the ability of our students to become responsible world citizens would not evolve. Financial support for students is also available so that all students are able to participate in our "integrated program of academic, artistic and athletic activities," ensuring a complete and stimulating extracurricular experience at Blake.
All financial aid information is now available on Blake’s web site. You may begin to apply for financial aid for 2013-2014 starting on Nov. 15, 2012.
- Steps for applying for financial aid:
- Complete the Parent’s Financial Statement (PFS) (Submit online to SSS. Do not send a copy to Blake))
- Complete Financial Aid Request Form (Mail to Blake)
- Complete Parent Income/Expense Statement (Mail to Blake)
- Complete IRS Form 4506 T (Mail to Blake)
- Submit signed copies of your 2011 and 2012 Federal Income Tax Form 1040 with all schedules and W-2s by February 22, 2013. (Mail to Blake)
- Current Blake families who received financial aid this year must complete steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 by January 18, 2013.
- Families new to Blake or new to financial aid must complete steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 by January 31, 2013.
- All families must complete step 5 by February 22, 2013.
- The Blake School Financial Aid Policy
- Principles of Good Practice for Financial Aid
- Financial Resources for Parents
- Business/Farm Statement
If you have any questions or would like to begin a conversation regarding the possibility of financial aid at Blake please call Director of Financial Aid Cheryl Cooper Boyd at (952) 988-3420.