Upper School Library/MediaOnline Resources
The Blake School has access to two kinds of databases. Some are subscription databases, which can be used by any computer in the Blake network or via password, but which are not available to everyone on the Internet. The databases listed under "General Use Databases" are available to everyone. If you would like passwords and login information for the subscription databases for use at home, please talk to one of the Library/Media Center Staff.
- Newspaper and Magazine Articles
- JSTOR contains back issues of over 1,000 leading academic journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. For remote access login information, please contact Upper School library staff.
- ProQuest Newsstand Full text of 300+ U.S. and international news sources.
- Star Tribune includes 1980-current.
- NY Times includes 1980-current.
- MasterFILE Premier contains full text of periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and more.
- Academic Search Premier contains indexing for nearly 8,050 publications, with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles.
- Business Source Premier includes searchable references for journals in all disciplines of business.
- Regional Business News provides comprehensive full text for regional business publications.
- Professional Collection is a custom selection of more than 300 full text journals for educators.
- ¡Informe!-Spanish version provides indexing, images, and full text of popular Hispanic magazines.
- ¡Informe!-English version
- Student Resource Collections
- Global Issues in Context allows you to find information based on either the area of the world or the issue. It includes a number of media resources, including videos, audio recordings, and images.
- Issues and Controversies in American History contains primary and secondary sources.
- Today's Science -- Science news written especially for students.
- Teen Health & Wellness is a source of up-to-date information on health, fitness, mental health, alcohol, drugs, sexuality and more.
- Gale U.S. History in Context
- Gale World History in Context
- Gale Biography in Context
- Discovering Collection Provides in-depth content in literature, history, biography, science, and social studies. Offers overview essays, literary criticisms, timelines, primary source documents, audio and video clips, maps, images, and flags.
- Issues and Controversies A comprehensive source of up-to-date, in-depth, and objective information on prominent issues of the day.
- General Use Databases:
- AcademicInfo Searches web-based material suitable for a research paper. Use its multi-subject catalog, or search by keyword!
- BioView searches for information from the web pages of scientific journals, databases, and associations.
- Findlaw combs through a legal dictionary, legal news, and the text of the US Constitution; it also searches for documents from state and federal Web sites.
- Unclesam searches government documents from state and federal Web sites.