The Blake School Archives ("the Archives") contains a private collection of materials owned by The Blake School. Individuals, including current School personnel, who are seeking information contained in the Archives' records must contact the Archives staff with their inquiry.
The Blake School's archival records will normally remain restricted for 20 years from the date of their creation (the date on which each document was written), unless the office of origin has designated a different period. The following records are restricted for different time periods:
- Board of Trustee and Board of Trustee Committees minutes: restricted for 75 years
- Personnel Records: restricted for 75 years
- Student Records: restricted for 75 years
The Blake School Archives is charged with the collection and maintenance of materials that document the history, development, activities, and people of the School and its predecessor institutions. Donations of such materials may be accepted after consultation with the archivist and completion of a Deed of Gift form.
Researchers must agree to the following conditions in order to review materials from The Blake School Archives:
- No materials may be removed from the Archives without permission from the archivist.
- Use of materials may be restricted because of the Archives' access policy, donor's wishes, and/or the condition of the materials.
- If materials are subject to a copyright, researchers assume full responsibility for conforming to laws regarding their use.